Renal pathophysiology the essentials
- Dr. Helmut G. Rennke, Dr. Bradley M. Denker
Renal pathophysiology can be a difficult subject even for the most advanced medical students. This Fifth Edition of Renal Pathophysiology: The Essentials provides an easy-to-read, case-based approach to learning the mechanisms of renal disease. Each chapter focuses on a mechanism of kidney disease and includes an opening case, learning objectives, integrated open-ended questions, and chapter-ending summaries. Updated with the latest clinical advances and research, this edition also features full-color illustrations and photomicrographs, suggested readings, and online and in-book Q&As.
- Updated chapter-opening Case Presentations (with Summary and Case Discussion at the end of chapter) introduce real-life clinical situations and allow students to apply what they've learned.
- New illustrations and clinical images clarify key concepts, key terms are now bolded, and a new appendix lists formulas and lab values for easy reference.
- Open-ended and multiple-choice questions stimulate critical thinking and allow students to gauge their mastery of the information.
- Separate Summary and Case Discussion boxes provide at-a-glance, bulleted information for easy review.